Three Brazilian leaders traveled to Haiti Mon., March 1, taking donations and tents. Venezuela also joined the countries sending an offering for the relief and recovery efforts.
Your funds at work:
- Emergency funds are being used to purchase rice and oil to supplement distributions of free items acquired from various aid organizations.
- A large number of doses to immunize for tetanus and typhoid have been acquired.
- Resources are being used to relocate pastors and others who are living in refugee camps where people are surrounded by filth and the potential for disease is great. Three areas have been identified to set up secure camps with adequate sanitation.
- Through the work of the Dominican Church, 80 shelterboxes will be received soon. These tents are larger and sturdier than many of the tents pastors currently have.
- Plans are underway for demolition of FM churches and schools that cannot be repaired. These buildings pose a major safety threat if not demolished as soon as possible.
- Grants are being made available to demolish and/or build temporary homes before the hurricane season.
Continue to pray for the Leadership Consultation taking place through Thurs., March 4 to strategize, pray and chart a course for the maturing Haitian Church.
Pray for these individuals currently ministering in Haiti:
- Missionaries Rick Ireland and FOHO members Larry and Alice Judy
- Medical/maintenance personnel, including Dan and DeeAnn Snyder, Cedric Johnson, Jerry Rusher, Greg Ingle, Garrett Stanley, Randy and Jane Wynn, and Jim Rowan, based out of Dessalines Hospital
- Vahan Sipantizi, with a team of 6, and Arron Swenson, digging wells
- Team of 18 led by Ron Hansen (Arlington FMC, WA) in Port-au-Prince
- Team of three engineers to provide structural assessments
- VISA Voyagers Russ and Sherrie Cole (Quincy, WA)
- VISA Affiliate Steve Hersey (Wilmore FMC, KY)